Introduction to Blowers
Ring Blowers / Side Channel Blowers / Regenerative Blowers / Vortex Blowers / Turbine Blowers / High Pressure Blowers / Vacuum Blowers / High Vacuum Blowers / Turbo Blowers / Lateral Channel Blowers / Ring Compressors
These Blowers are suitable for all those applications requiring considerably higher pressure or vacuum, than those which can be achieved using centrifugal blower. The rotating parts are not in contact with the casing. Therefore there is no friction during operation and thus no internal lubrication is necessary. Air moving through the blower, therefore remains uncontaminated and is completely oil-free.
Working Of Ring Blower
In the world of air handling equipment, RING BLOWERS are probably least understood of today’s technology, but when system parameters fall within the range of RING BLOWER , it can be most cost effective method of producing pressure or vacuum. Popularly known as RING BLOWER, is also known as REGENERATIVE BLOWER, SIDE CHANNEL BLOWER, TURBINE BLOWER, RING COMPRESSOR, VACUUM BLOWER, VORTEX BLOWERS,HIGH PRESSURE BLOWER,HIGH VACUUM BLOWER,LATERAL CHANNEL BLOWER etc.
Maximum capacities being manufactured provide 2050 M3/Hr of flow and maximum vacuum of 730 mbar and maximum pressures of 1040 mbar. Below given diagram and explanation will serve as guide to working principle of RING BLOWER.
As can be seen in the diagram, the ring shaped working chamber
- has a circular cross section
- One half of this cross section is formed by the impeller
- with it’s radial blades
- on one side, while the other fixed half is formed by the housing
- The working chamber has an inlet port
- and an outlet port
- with the impeller shown in the diagram rotating in a counter-clockwise direction. Between the inlet and outlet ports is the rotor
filling up the side channel. Air is trapped between the impeller pockets of the rotating impeller and is then accelerated centrifugally. The air stream is ducted by centrifugal force into the side channel blower. It is then taken up by the impeller pockets and the air is re-directed back into the following pocket, where the process is repeated. The air is accelerated and compressed in the impeller with each cycle. The more the blower is throttled, either at the inlet or discharge, the greater the number of impeller re-entries and hence in-creased compression. One can compare the movement of an air molecules in the blower with a spring, the pitch of which becomes tighter the more the air is throttled. When you measure the pressure at different points on the ring channel, you find that it rises constantly from inlet (6) to outlet (7). The side channel principle works as a vacuum pump when throttled on the suction side, and as a compressor when throttled on the pressure side. Maximum capacities being manufactured provide 2050 M3/Hr of flow and maximum vacuum of 730 mbar and maximum pressures of 1040 mbar. Below given diagram and explanation will serve as guide to working principle of RING BLOWER.
General construction of RING BLOWER is with direct motor driven balanced radial impeller, housed in close tolerance housing, supported by bearing and sealed with seal. Mostly pressure diecasted aluminium alloy impeller and housings are popular as they provide rugged yet light equipment. Inlet and outlet ports are mostly threaded and provided with silencer. Multiple stage units, come with multiple impellers, housed in multiple housings. Normal speed of impeller is approx. 2900RPM. For the engineer, one of the biggest benefits of a RING BLOWER is, by virtue of its fundamental design, its lack of maintenance/monitoring requirements. The impeller is the only moving part, it does not come in contact with the housing channels and is, therefore “wear-free” Self-lubricated bearings are the only wearing parts. RING BLOWERS are oil-less and have no complicated intake/exhaust valving. Furthermore, most blower makes can be mounted in any plane and with dynamically balanced impellers generate little vibration. As a “non-positive displacement” compressor/vacuum pump, discharge air, besides being clean, is pulsation-free, an important consideration, particularly for plant controls or instrumentation use.
The majority of blower failures are due to improper installation and /or operation. Because there are so few moving parts, there is not much that can go wrong. RING BLOWER has close internal tolerances between the impeller and housing, and it is important to not allow foreign material to enter the blower. Debris that is ingested by a blower can cause a catastrophic failure as it may become wedged between the impeller and housing which will cause the blower to lockup. A filter should always be purchased with a blower to prevent debris from entering the blower. A 10 micron filter is usually adequate to prevent such a failure from happening. Over pressurization can also cause a catastrophic failure. Some blowers can be “dead headed” (zero airflow through the blower) while other models (usually ¾ HP models and above) must have air passing through the blower to cool it. If air does not pass through the blower, heat will build up causing the impeller to expand at a faster rate than the blower housing. Eventually the impeller will lock up with the housing causing blower to fail. A relief valve, vacuum or pressure, will prevent overload and will allow air to pass through the blower.
Suction/Discharge Filters check valves, vacuum-pressure crossover valve, motor starters, and vibramounts are some other accessories.
The Main Features
- Higher Pressure Ratio
- 100% Oil-Free Continuous High Pressure Air Flow
- Blower Can Be Used For Pressure Or Vacuum Applications
- Low Noise Level (65dba Normal, 85 dba Max.)
- 110% Overload Protection
- ±10% Voltage Fluctuation Tolerance
- Rated For Continuous 24 X 7 Duty
- IP 55 Protection
- Class F Insulation
- Motor Design compatible with VFD Drive For Easily Accommodating Operating Condition Changes
- Impeller Directly Mounted on Motor Shaft Eliminates Maintenance Issues Like Change Of Gears, Pulleys, Belts
- Pressure Die Casted Aluminum Alloy Body, Impeller & Rotor
- Dust Proof Polymer Shaft Seal
- Low Temperature Rise
- Pulsation- Free Discharge
- Light And Compact But Sturdy Aesthetically Appealing Design
- CNC Machined For Close Tolerances And Better Performance
- Dynamically Balanced Impeller Assembly For Longer Vibrations Free Life
- High Temperature Grease Filled And Double Sealed NSK/SKF Bearings
- For Trouble Free Operation For Long Periods
- Space Efficient Easy Installation In Vertical Or Horizontal Position
- With Built In Inlet And Outlet Silencers
- Minimal And Simple Maintenance
- Suitable For Environmental Protection
Some Typical Applications
- To Agitate and Aerate Water in Spa / Whirlpool/ Swimming Pool / Fishing Tanks / Aqua Culture Tanks / Plating Tanks / Concrete / Laundry
- Waste Disposal / Slurry Declogging In Waste
- Pneumatic Conveying of Solids / Liquids
- Vacuum Transfer of Components / Sheets / Liquids
- Blowing Away Debris / Sucking Away Debris
- During Printing Feed / Transfer of Paper Sheets / Ink Drying
- Furnace Fuel Burning / Oil Atomization
- Beverage Bottling / Labeling / Drying/Ink Jet Coding
- Environmental / Pollution Control and safety equipments
- Industrial Vacuum Cleaning
- Keeping Yarn / Threads / Product in place during processing / sewing / knitting
- Provide Air Cushion to Handle Delicate Material like Eggs / Glass
- Air Bearing / Air Mattress
- Agitation of Liquid Bath for Vegetables and Fruits Washing
- Medical / Dental Suction Units
- To Suck Debris / Gases from Clean Rooms / Enclosed Spaces / Tunnels / Laboratories
- Air Sampling / Monitoring Equipments
- Cable Pressurization
- Liquid / Semisolid dispenser
- Sorting / Counting of Cards / Envelopes / Papers
- Food Processing and Packaging Applications
- Air Curtain, Protection from Dust Ingress and Isolation applications
- Agricultural Pesticides and Fertilizer Mixing and Spraying Applications
- Safe and Economical Personal Cleaning Solutions
Areas Of Blower Applications
- Effluent Treatment Plants
- Sewage Treatment Plants
- Waste Water Theater Plants
- Swimming Pool
- Fish Pond
- Plating Plants
- Agriculture Farms
- Food & Beverage Manufacturing, Processing, Packaging
- Engineering Manufacturing
- Plastic & Allied Products Manufacturing
- Clinic & Manufacturing Of Dental Related Products
- Textile & Related Manufacturing
- Printing Industries
- Cement Plants
- Poultry Processing Plants
- Dairy & Milk Processing Plants
- Boat Marinas
- Quality Control Areas Of Manufacturing Units
Details of some Applications
Blower For Agitation
Ring Blowers are great for applications requiring agitation of fluids in plating tanks, rinsing tanks and cleaning tanks because they offer the following advantages
- Clean, oil-free air without contaminants to foul or spoil the fluid.
- Low noise levels meet requirements without costly noise reduction equipment required by positive displacement Roots-type blowers.
- Low operating cost when compared to air compressors.
- Low purchase cost when compared to other types of blowers or compressors.
- Dependability of a rotating machine without wearing, rubbing or sliding components. The only moving part is a non-contacting impeller supported by two high quality ball bearings.
a) Plating Tank
Ring blower produce agitation that helps renew cathode films, decrease polarization, and allow the use of higher current density, permitting higher plating speeds and finer grain deposits. The air agitation’s scrubbing action also minimizes the quantity of rinse water needed, thus reducing the load on water treatment facilities.
b) Cleaning Tank
End solvent / solution stagnation. With a Ring blower agitation, fresh solution is constantly brought into contact with the part, removing dirt particles and dissolving grease.
Blower in Place of Vacuum Pump
The robustness and the reliability of our Blowers are very much appreciated for this application. Particularly for the vacuum application of pneumatic conveying in vacuum because Ring Blower used to create a vacuum are less sensitive to the possible passage of conveyed particles., than other technologies.
Blower For Water & Waste Water, Effluent, Sewage Treatment Plants
RAICO offers Ring Blower for a cost of applications in water and wastewater applications. As a market leader in this field RAICO has been approved by the leading engineering companies. RAICO has been a pioneer in introducing the next evolution of blower design, offering greater efficiencies, and blower cost of ownership and maximize total energy savings, not just the mechanical efficiency of the blower.
One of the important equipment in any effluent treatment plant or wastewater treatment plant is the oil-free low-pressure air blowers, which are used for many applications & processes like: Diffused aeration. Filter backwashing. Proper selection of Blowers can save energy cost up to 60%.
Proper aeration and blower selection are two of the most important considerations at a wastewater plant. Energy consumption for Aeration at wastewater treatment plants typically consumes 60% of all electrical usage. Blowers can offset some of the energy requirements. To ensure the most effective results, select the proper size, type and layout of blower equipment.
These Ring Blowers are used for many applications such as
- Basin Aeration
- Digester Gas
- Wastewater Treatment
- Air Scouring
- Filter Backwash Systems
- SBR / MBR
- Grit Chamber Aeration
- Lagoon Aeration
The function of the Blower, for this application, is to supply air to one or several tanks in order to bring oxygen to bacteria which must degrade the organic matter. To inject this air, the blower must overcome the resistance, or backpressure due to the water height and diffuser / piping losses. As the effluent quantity to be treated changes over the course of time, it is desirable to inject only the amount of oxygen necessary and in sufficient quantities to optimize the oxygen needs of the bacteria, thus making it imperative to have the ability to vary the flow while keeping a constant pressure. The Multistage Blowers allows variation of the flow, by a simple flow regulation valve, located at the outlet, and therefore energy consumption is in proportion to the actual flow point, thereby optimizing performance and minimizing power consumption at all operating conditions.
The Multistage Blowers offers the following advantages:
- Clean and dry, oil free high-pressure air without pulsation
- Wide flow operation range while maintaining a constant pressure
- Reliable and robust machines thanks to their simple design
- Cast construction for continuous duty service
- Low maintenance costs
- Very low sound level in compliance with standards
Blower for Pneumatic Conveying Systems
When bulk goods need to be conveyed gently from A to B, segregation-free and without break-up, a variety of pneumatic conveying systems can be used, dependent on the application, such as suction conveying systems, pressure conveying systems, suction-pressure conveying systems, impulse conveying systems or dense-phase conveying systems.
Pneumatic conveying (the transfer of dry bulk products such as flour and plastic pellets through a pipe line) has been one of the major uses for Ring blowers and one in which RAICO has developed much engineering expertise.
Blower For Printing
RAICO offers one of the largest selections of blowers. Our products cover the full range, from small centrifugal blowers all the way up to large industrial Ring Blowers. You can count on RAICO to meet your air handling needs. Applications for printing machines, copiers, collators, and book binding machines include blowers for
- Paper Handling
- Toner Control
- Ink Drying
- Laser Imaging
- Cleaning Systems
Blower For Food Processing
Fresh produce needs to be cleaned before it can be placed in market. Blowers provide very economical & efficient cleaning of fresh produce by agitating water bath in which produce can be placed for cleaning. Powerful agitation of water is gentle to the produce, so no harm comes to its texture.
Blower For Personal Cleaning
Blowers provide very effective, safe, efficient and economical solution for personal cleaning.
Blowers For Dust Protection
Blowers are used for dust protection & cooling of opacity sensors, video camera lens etc.
Blower For Efficient Furnace Fuel Burning
These blowers deliver higher pressure compared to centrifugal blower, making it possible to improve fuel to air mixing, leading to very effective fuel burning.
Integration with VFD makes furnace temperature control very easy.
High pressure blowers with inlet air temperature below 70deg. C. and direct mounting are compact in construction and run with high-speed motors. Such blowers are mostly used for better mixing of fresh air to the furnace for a better combustion.
Blower For Drying / Debris Removal With Air Knife
These blowers are ideal for use along with Air Knifes for drying & debris removal in bottling, ink jet coding, packaging, labeling, sleeving and similar applications. They deliver results at much lesser capital & operating costs. Lower rotational speed of impeller, reduces noise level & offers maintenance free long & continuous life