Working Of Ring Blowers
In the world of air handling equipment, RING BLOWERS are probably least understood of today’s technology, but when system parameters fall within the range of RING BLOWER , it can be most cost effective method of producing pressure or vacuum. Popularly known as RING BLOWER, is also known as REGENERATIVE BLOWER, SIDE CHANNEL BLOWER, TURBINE BLOWER, RING COMPRESSOR, VACUUM BLOWER, VORTEX BLOWERS,HIGH PRESSURE BLOWER,HIGH VACUUM BLOWER,LATERAL CHANNEL BLOWER etc.
Maximum capacities being manufactured provide 2050 M3/Hr of flow and maximum vacuum of 730 mbar and maximum pressures of 1040 mbar. Below given diagram and explanation will serve as guide to working principle of RING BLOWER.
As can be seen in the diagram, the ring shaped working chamber
- has a circular cross section
- One half of this cross section is formed by the impeller
- with it’s radial blades
- on one side, while the other fixed half is formed by the housing
- The working chamber has an inlet port
- and an outlet port
- with the impeller shown in the diagram rotating in a counter-clockwise direction. Between the inlet and outlet ports is the rotor
- filling up the side channel. Air is trapped between the impeller pockets of the rotating impeller and is then accelerated centrifugally. The air stream is ducted by centrifugal force into the side channel blower. It is then taken up by the impeller pockets and the air is re-directed back into the following pocket, where the process is repeated. The air is accelerated and compressed in the impeller with each cycle. The more the blower is throttled, either at the inlet or discharge, the greater the number of impeller re-entries and hence in-creased compression. One can compare the movement of an air molecules in the blower with a spring, the pitch of which becomes tighter the more the air is throttled. When you measure the pressure at different points on the ring channel, you find that it rises constantly from inlet (6) to outlet (7). The side channel principle works as a vacuum pump when throttled on the suction side, and as a compressor when throttled on the pressure side. Maximum capacities being manufactured provide 2050 M3/Hr of flow and maximum vacuum of 730 mbar and maximum pressures of 1040 mbar. Below given diagram and explanation will serve as guide to working principle of RING BLOWER.